Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

I had a pimple that turned from having a yellow head to a

Customer Question

Hi, I had a pimple that turned from having a yellow head to a red head. It also grew small but I’m worried this red head will scar.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: the red head 1 day, the yellow for 2-3 days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (G134GQ1)
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 14 days ago.

Good evening, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? I may take a few minutes to reply as dealing with other patients too, thank you

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi dear, have u seen my above message

I'm sorry this has been causing concern. It won't leave a mark, it's relatively new and hasn't reached a particularly large size, you could help to reduce the inflammation by keeping it clean and dry, avoid touching or squeezing it and also apply a little 1% hydrocortisone cream which you can buy from any pharmacy/Tesco etc. without a prescription twice a day for 48 hours to help it along the healing process. Otherwise it shouldn't be a concern and will heal up perfectly well. 

I really hope that was helpful and you feel better for it. Please do come back if you've other questions anytime and all the very best for the future

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
But it’s not new sir. It started out as a big pimple with no heads, and then after a few days it had two heads. Today I wake up with this. I’m worried I popped it accidentally or something
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Doctor?

Sorry by relatively new I meant in the last week or two, rather than a boil which can remain for weeks and is within deeper layers of skin. It's quite alright, I assure you if you follow the above advice it will reduce the inflammation significantly and vastly reduce the chances of any marks being left behind.