Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

Term suffer from psoriasis. Have tried most of not all

Customer Question

Hi there long term suffer from psoriasis. Have tried most of not all creams. Light Treatment. Nothing seems to work wondered if any there is any more steps to try.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Iv tried doctors threw the years just cream after cream to try so started my journey of the private sector with the hope of having more luck. Most recent try if you will, was with medovie. When ever you try something new it seems to make a difference for a short time but soon flairs up and seems to come back worse
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I don’t think so
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi thanks for getting in touch

Can you tell me oyur age?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’m 36

Can you send me a picture?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
There are a few
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Back of the leg
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Other arm
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Knew both the same

how long do you have this?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Started when I was about 18 years old

ok, please give me a moment

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thank you

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to assist you at this time valuing your intervention I want to remind you that your condition is autoimmune which means that it is a modulation of the immune system that is your defenses are turned to certain specific cells of the body, in this case to the skin cells triggering these visible lesions which have as treatment of choice drugs of the corticosteroid family as prednisone, meprednisone and hydrocortisone in case of topical cream, sometimes there are anti-psoralens which tend to be very useful modulating the immune system so that it does not react frequently against the skin cells such is the case of azeotropic and methotrexate which are already drugs that require strict medical supervision, lately there have been clinical trials with biological treatments that modulate the activity of the immune system through another mechanism, ideally you should consult with your primary health care physician to choose the best specific therapeutic strategy for your particular case.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok great thank you

You are welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
That’s all thank you

have a nice evening