Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I have a quite a few under the skin spots around my chin

hi i have a quite a few under the skin spots around my chin area between my eyebrows on my forehead and on my cheeks and they never seem to go away. do you know anything that could help?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the spots better or worse?
Customer: maybe 6 months now and around the time of my period they seem to get worse
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Hello, thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

Would you be able to upload some photos for me to review please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (475V6M6)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (144T2VS)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (7ST4433)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
there is a few photos for you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (SML6L3M)

Great, thank you very much.

This is consistent with the common type of acne (vulgaris).

It should respond nicely to treatment. Here are two potential options for you, either should work very well (though typically can take up to 8 weeks to see the best effect).

https://www.ukmeds.co.uk/treclin-gel

https://www.ukmeds.co.uk/epiduo-gel

Just be aware that it can take a short time for the slin to get used to these so go slowly to begin with (e.g. used every 2nd or 3rd day, wash off after an hour or so etc)

I hope this is helpful.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
okay, that’s perfect thank you! i live in Scotland is there any way that i could get either of those for free if i go in and see a doctor?

Yes, these can both be prescribed by your doctor on the NHS.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
okay that is everything, thank you very much for your help!

My pleasure.

Thank you again for trusting JustAnswer with your question. If you have any additional concerns, or need me to clarify anything, please let me know and I am happy to help.