KemalG
KemalG,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

Im having issues with my scalp no matter what I do my scalp

Hi Im having issues with my scalp no matter what I do my scalp is always extremely dry and recently when I shave my scalp the burning sensation is almost unbearable
JA: When did the burning first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Today and the medication I've used is hydrocortisone, and neutralisation t/gel
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the burning?
Customer: No I've never
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: Not that I know of no

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your age/gender and if you have any other medical conditions or allergies, or take medications?

How long have you had this issue with your scalp? Do you have any allergies? Any associated pain, rashes/blisters, discharge, itching, fever, cough, vomiting, etc?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
30 and male
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have no money to call unfortunately

You can ignore phone call requests as they are auto generated and not by me.

Do you have any of the symptoms I mentioned above?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I've had this scalp issue for years now but I feel like it's getting worse, the symptoms are redness itching flaking scalp and burning sensation after a haircut
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Should I send a video?

It sounds like you might actually have a fungal infection in your scalp, especially if you get any dandruff as well.

You can try over the counter ketoconazole shampoo which should clear this for you.

You can also take over the counter antihistamines such as loratadine or cetirizine which can help with itching and redness.

If these do not help, it is best to see your GP for further assessment and possible swab test from your scalp.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK thank you

You are most welcome.