How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 17938
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency medicine.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

I have persistent rash like infection in my upprr thigh abd

This answer was rated:

Hi I have persistent rash like infection in my upprr thigh abd it secretes black rubber covering for skin
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: On anf off 3 yrs now
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Have tried many treatments wont complete go away like dermovate trimovate

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please share a pic of the area. You can send a pic by attaching an image using the paperclip icon at the top or bottom of your chatbox.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My upper thigh ..covered with trimovate at this time
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My left hand covered with tromovate at this time
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Trimovate helps a little .. betrer than dermovate Tacrolimus etc

Thank you, ***** ***** reviewed your pics. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes as we often have our offline work to deal with and also sometimes a number of customers at the same time.

You are having recurrent eczema.

You have been having this condition for a long time and must have already undergone many different sorts of treatment.

I am not going to give you a prescription, that cannot be done on the net without examining you.

I can however give you medical advise which will help you.

Since this problem is not controlled with your previous treatments, I will advise you to consult your dermatologist again and discuss some treatments which can help you:

Long term oral steroid: a long term steroid like oral Prednisolone is indicated for you and will help you greatly.

Retinoids: systemic Retinoids can be given for this and will be curative

Immunosuppressants: Immunosuppressants like Tacrolimus and Pimecrolimus are the mainstay in intractable eczema

Light therapy: like Ultraviolet and Grenz Ray therapy.

These are the three therapies which your dermatologist can prescribe for you and which will cure you.

Meanwhile follow the following steps for this:

Antihistaminic: Continue the antiallergics like Avil

Avoid sunlight: This is most important. Avoid going out into the sun as far as possible. If you have to go out, use a wide brimmed hat and long sleeved dresses and pants. Sunscreen is a must – use sunscreens with 50% SPF or more.
Steroid Ointments: Apply 1% hydrocortisone (OTC) twice daily on the areas for 1 month.
Emollients: Use an emollient, a hand cream twice daily. Combine the Emollient with the Hydrocortisone ointment or you can also alternate the two.

Avoiding the irritant: If some irritant can be identified, then it should be avoided.

These steps will help, but also discuss with a dermatologist about the treatments I suggested.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P. Jyoti and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you