Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency medicine.
11269312

I have been using a moisturiser (Kihels ultra cream) for

Hello, I have been using a moisturiser (Kihels ultra facial cream) for nearly 2 weeks and I’ve noticed whiteheads & blackheads on my skin, which suggests I’m purging but since it has only 2 active ingredients towards to end of its list, I’m unsure if I’m breaking out?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: Nearly 2 weeks, no changes other than my face
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I believe Vaseline gave me contact dermatitis and my skin has felt itchy since then, but since using the moisturiser the itching has calmed down although it’s still there slightly

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please share a pic of the area. You can send a pic by attaching an image using the paperclip icon at the top or bottom of your chatbox.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (TVZ17V4)

This is likely to be purging.

You should also follow a good skin care regime.

At night, first clean your face with soap and water. You can also use a facial cleanser such as:

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin. ...

ProactivMD Ultra Gentle Face Cleanser

Apply an astringent. You can use:

THAYERS Original Witch Hazel Astringent with Aloe Vera

Solimo Deep Cleaning Astringent

Lastly apply the moisturizer.

Follow this every night. This will help you greatly.

Of course these brands are for reference only, you can discuss different brands with your pharmacist or cosmetic shop assistant.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much, the cream has citric acid & salyclic acid but this is at the bottom of its ingredients list, so can this still cause purging when it’s such a small amount? And also, from those pictures could you tell what my skin type is? I believe I have sensitive dry skin but I’m not sure if it’s actually sensitive normal skin

You have sensitive dry skin.

Yes, salicyclic acid can cause purging. It does not matter that it is at the bottom of the list.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** final questions are how long would you recommend me to use this cream? And are there any ingredients I should completely avoid?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I should also mention that I didn’t have blackheads in those areas before using the cream

You should use the whole regimen that I described for about two months. There is no need to avoid anything unless something reacts with you. The blackheads may have been brought out by the cream.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
By 2 months you mean follow it to heal my skin before trying other products?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
should I continue with this cream? And how long for?

You can continue it as long as you want after two months also

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
continue with this cream?

Yes

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
For 2 months? That’s my last question

Yes, you can continue with this cream for two months. After that you can continue further if you find it is helping you, if not stop.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay, thank you :)

Glad to help