Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency medicine.
11269312

I have a very thick dark circles and also dark thick colour

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a very thick dark circles and also dark thick colour around my cleavage
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: I have a very thick dark circles and also dark thick colour around my cleavage. Also dark circles have used all sort of creams, but it seems to get worse
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about this?
Customer: no, i have not
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: no, am very heathy...but am obese

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please share a pic of the area. You can send a pic by attaching an image using the paperclip icon at the top or bottom of your chatbox.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
okay, will do that now
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (6Z57GMQ)

Thank you, ***** ***** reviewed your pics. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes as we often have our offline work to deal with and also sometimes a number of customers at the same time.

This is likely to be a condition called acanthosis nigricans.

This is a condition of unknown origin where a thick velvety and pigmented skin patch develops on the neck and armpits mainly but also on other areas.

It is most common in American Indians and Africans.

It is related to obesity and diabetes.

You should consult a dermatologist for this.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
okay, thank you

Glad to help