KemalG
KemalG,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I have oily skin and suffer with large pores and acne and

Hi, I have oily skin and suffer with large pores and acne and scarring and was wondering what skincare routine I should follow and which products are best to help resolve
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: I’ve had oily skin for ages, but the acne and scarring seems more obvious the last month or so
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so, thanks

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your age/gender and if you have any other medical conditions or allergies, or take medications?

Are you able to send a picture of the acne spots here for assessment?

And have you tried any products already?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi I’m male, 34 and have some food intolerances but no allergies
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Have to message at the moment thanks

You can ignore phone call requests as they are auto generated and not by me.

Are you able to send a picture of the acne spots for assessment?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok great, in terms of products used, I’m currently using bulldog for oily skin, a face wash and moisturiser

For acne, you can use various acne treatments and these include benzoyl peroxide, Adapalene (Differin), Duac once a day gel or Zineryt to see if any of these would help. Tretinoin cream is another cream that can be tried which is quite good for acne.

If these do not work, the next step is to try an oral antibiotic such as lymecycline which generally works very well.

Benzoyl peroxide 5% cream can be applied daily over the affected areas daytime.

Adapalene gel ( Differin) can be applied at night time to reduce inflammation and scarring.

You can also try over the counter vitamin E products as these can help with any skin scaring.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Are there any particular products that have these ingredients that you would recommend?

You can try any of these products and they could actually come in those names. You can start with Adapalene or Zineryt lotion to see if this would help.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok, thanks

You are most welcome.