Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency medicine.
11269312

My son is 6 weeks old and has developed severe baby acne

Customer Question

Hi there my son is 6 weeks old and has developed severe baby acne that’s spreading from face to his scalp and back etc what should I do? Any app? And what would it costs for consultation approx?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: About 3 weeks now he’s got dry skin on his scalp as well but that seems to be getting better
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He had a heart surgery when he was 4 days old. Apart from that he is a healthy baby
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I would rather type
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My battery is low, can I get in touch later?

Please dont worry about the call request, it is generated automatically by the website, not by me. I will help you through text.

I have your reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

You can check up my answer later.

Baby acne will usually resolve by itself in a few weeks.

It does not require any treatment.

If it is very severe, you will have to see your pediatrician who can prescribe ointments for this. But there is no over the counter medication available for this as this is not needed.

The only steps you need to take are:

Keep the baby's face clean - wash with normal water two or three times daily, use baby soap once in a day. Be gentle while washing, do not scrub or rub hard. Pat the face dry gently.

Do not touch the acne as far as possible other than during washing.

Do not use any oils or lotions.

Just give it time and this will resolve, however if you feel the acne is severe you need to see the pediatrician.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi there

Please scroll above to see my answer