Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

My question is regarding vitiligo, Yes the doctor has

Customer Question

Hi my question is regarding vitiligo
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes the doctor has referred me to dermatologist which the appointment is too far end of September
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: mainly regarding the vitiligo
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 19 days ago.
Hello! I’m Dr. NickolsM, how can I help you?

Dear cuatomer, it is a pleasure to be able to help you, I would like to tell you that vitiligo is a condition that produces a loss of cutaneous melanocytes, i.e. the cells responsible for giving colour to the skin, which causes depigmentation of the skin of different sizes. The exact cause or aetiology is not known, but genetic and autoimmune factors are likely to be involved. Diagnosis is usually made by physical examination by medical personnel. Treatment options include topical corticosteroids and sometimes combined with calcipotriol, calcineurin inhibitors such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus, as well as narrowband ultraviolet (UV) B plus UVA light. When the condition is widespread and pigment or colour loss is severe, permanent depigmentation of residual patches of skin, i.e. bleaching, can be done with hydroquinone monobenzyl ether. The most invasive treatment option is surgical skin grafting. As you can see there is a range of therapeutic possibilities, your primary health care physician will determine, depending on your specific case, which treatment is most suitable for you. Please keep me updated on your health situation and if you have any further questions I will be happy to help and guide you in any way I can.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I had a reaction to my skin from a cream which then triggered vitilgo on my face
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It’s taken over majority of my body like 80-%
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m not sure what will be bet for me as majority of my body’s turned white already
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is there any chance I can be referred urgently to my dermatologist
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The doctors have referred but dates all the way in September