Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

For about a year I have been wearing an extremely tight

Customer Question

Hello, for about a year I have been wearing an extremely tight ponytail. It has definitely stretched out my under eye lids skin. My under eyelids are more saggy than before and lower down. It has even caused my eyes to become more dry. I was wondering if this is permanent? I am 18 years old.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 17 days ago.

I would be sceptical a tight hair style would cause this. However given your age your skin should be elastic and therefore return to normal. You should however ensure you moisturise regularly and if you feel a tight ponytail caused it, indeed avoid this moving forward.

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 17 days ago.

Does that answer your question?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok. I am hoping it will go back to normal. I 100% know it caused it. I could really see it stretching my skin but I did not think there would be any consequences. As I kept wearing it it got worse. It does awnser my question. But it has been like this for about a month. I was wondering maybe how long it will take?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok. I am hoping it will go back to normal. I 100% know it caused it. I could really see it stretching my skin but I did not think there would be any consequences. As I kept wearing it it got worse. It does awnser my question
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 17 days ago.

Okay thanks. Probably just a few months.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Also, I have done a lot of sunbathing over the years and I think it has effected my skin elasticity. Would this be a problem in my skin repairing?
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 17 days ago.

Indeed sunbathing will damage your skin. So yes, in theory it will effect how the skin repairs. Given your age you should be fine.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 17 days ago.

That is my pleasure, I wish you all the best.