Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

For about a year I have been wearing an extremely tight

Customer Question

Hello, for about a year I have been wearing an extremely tight ponytail. It has definitely stretched out my under eye lids skin. My under eyelids are more saggy than before and lower down. It has even caused my eyes to become more dry. I was wondering if this is permanent? I am 18 years old.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This is after
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 18 days ago.

Good evening, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? I may take a few minutes to reply as dealing with other patients too, thank you

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Just that ever since I wore the ponytail it seems to have stretched my eyelids. I 100% know it’s the ponytail, I wore it really tight and could see it stretching my eyes bad, but I dint think I would have any consequences? Is this permanent

I'm sorry to hear this has been troubling you. No it wouldn't be expected to be permanent at all, just avoid using the tight pony tail and make sure you're well hydrated and using a good moisturiser often in the area and give it time but it will go back to normal within some time for sure.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thank you for your help

Of course, you're always welcome and I'm glad I could help in any way. Do come back if you've any other questions and have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you you too! I’m
Anytime, take care