DR.Das.MD
DR.Das.MD, MD
Experience:  More than 20 years experience in managing medical problems
3452947

I need to speak to a dermatologist to get advice on how to

I need to speak to a dermatologist to get advice on how to treat these painful spots on my nose
JA: When did the spots first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: A few weeks ago, no
JA: Got it. When was your last visit to a dermatologist?
Customer: 2 years ago
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: Asthma, and eczema

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I am Dr. Das. I am an MD with more than 20 years experience and I am happy to help you today.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
They first appeared as a group which joined together to form a quite large surface area on the front of my nose, it was filled with a white substance that wasn’t runny, it was solid. When I popped it to try to clear the white stuff away I noticed it didn’t run like a liquid like I was expecting, instead it was solid. I have been left with the scarring from popping it, and also some smaller spots are starting to form on the front and the side of my nose with the same white stuff at the head of the spots.The spots are tender and painful to touch. Do you have any idea what they are? And how I can treat this.? Thank you.

Please wait while I review the images.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (Z3TQGVZ)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (74VT4SV)

These are infected  hair follicles - called folliculitis.

Please apply a warm  pack ( towel squeezed out in hot water) for 5-10 minutes twice daily. Wipe off and then apply Neosporin or triple Antibiotic ointment.

Take Motrin twice daily for 5 days.

You should see these clearing up in about 3 days.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

You are welcome