How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 18314
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency medicine.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

I believe I have jock itch pretty bad and am in the Czech

Customer Question

Hey I believe I have jock itch pretty bad and am in the Czech Republic on holiday and it's so bad I can barely walk just wondering how can I relieve some of this pain before I go home on Wednesday to try enjoy some of this holiday Please help :(
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It only started getting really bad this week with the heat over here, but I think I've had it way longer but never knew until I started getting pain and researching what it was, it's on my butt and now the pain has come once it's spread to my scrotum I've tried a few different creams to try sooth it but they only make it worse, baby powder seems to relieve some of the pain but I still am unable to walk far without it coming back
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I've had some allergic dermatitis before on my arms and legs but they never found out what it was that caused it, and I've a history of egzema but I haven't had it very bad or had it in years, I'm 26
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 17 days ago.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 17 days ago.

Jock itch can be simply treated with OTC ointments. No doubt you will be able to get these over the counter in Czech republic also, these are available OTC all over the world in my experieince. You have to apply OTC antifungal ointments containing CLotrimazole. You have to apply this twice daily for at least one month. You must be careful to keep on applying even after your symptoms have subsided. You should also take an antihistaminc tablet, ask for Loratidine or Fexofenadine.. You can combine this with 1% Hydrocortisone cream for faster relief, apply both together.

Ask for these by ingredient name, I am sure these will be available otc there. You can take the help of a friend to translate.

You should also follow some general tips like keeping the groin area clean and dry.

Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 17 days ago.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have tried those and nothing really has helped
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I've been putting canestan cream on and aftee that soaks in I'm putting baby powder on to relieve some pain, how long will this pain last for do you know
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 17 days ago.

Jock itch should not cause severe pain. If there is pain, this may be an ATI. You should get checked up for STI.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No sorry as in the skin is cracked and when I'm walking Its rubbing up against me and its hurting
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 17 days ago.

In that case moisturizers should work, this is a friction pain and medicines wont help much. You should wear firm underwear which prevents the scrotum for rubbing against the thighs.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
OK thank you, ***** ***** helps until I get home, I'll see someone for real once I'm home.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 17 days ago.

It will get better dont worry. Also use the hydrocortisone ointment which will help in early healing.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Will do, thank you
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 17 days ago.

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health and a quick recovery. I would like to know of your progress, please keep me informed on this thread if possible.

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favourite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.