Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency medicine.
11269312

I stupidly put hair removal cream on my face, causing it to

I stupidly put hair removal cream on my face, causing it to burn. I now have red stinging red patches on my cheeks. Is hydrocortisone a good option? And which strength should I be looking for?Thanks you!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (PVZS13T)

You are having irritant dermatitis.

Yes, Hydrocortisone will help in this. Apply the 1% Hydrocortisone ointment twice daily for not more than 7 to 10 days, it will heal much before that. You can get this over the counter.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you very much. How long is this likely to last? The incident happened 2 days ago.

It should heal in two to three days. It may leave behind some darkened areas which can take upto two months to go away.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Glad to help