Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, GP
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

I have had a small mole on my forearm for years. I noticed

I have had a small brown mole on my forearm for years. I noticed on Sunday it was dark purple like a blood blister but slightly puzzled as had not pinched that area. By the following evening it was itchy and the area was no longer purple but like a sore area of broken skin which was oozing serum looking liquid. The next day around the area a patch of deep pink skin had developed and grew. It was initially itchy. By yesterday evening the oozing has stopped and it has dried up and no longer itching. However it looks nothing like it did on Sunday when it looked like a purple blood blister. I was concerned so phoned my GPs and received a text message asking me to provide a photo which I did but I do not believe the photo is clear enough to show it as well as in person. I am housebound and cannot get to my GPS. I had a text back from my GP saying that link mark on your skin looks infected and a prescription for antibiotics has been sent to my pharmacy. However I am concerned the GP who I like and respect can make an accurate diagnosis from a not brilliantly good photo on my I phone.
JA: Have you used the medication or anything similar before?
Customer: I am more worried now haven seen a picture of a melanoma looking like a blood blister. I have not been able to speak to a Gp in person, I am scared to raise my concern as I have very complex chronic neurological problems and have suffered experiences in the pass of misdiagnosis and not being believed and verbally abused. I had an unseeded bladder operation which was unnecessarily performed as I was misdiagnosed. I have bern misdiagnosed four times in twenty years and one incident led to a very unpleasant experience for me. As of late I have become very wary of trusting NHS staff. I know the majority are good and caring but due to pass experiences plus personality changes due to frontal lobe damage which despite asking for help when my family raised concerns about major personality changes I was told it’s not your thought forget about it by a neurologist. Only Nov last year was it finally taken seriously after I was misunderstood by paramedics and then in A&E and sent home after being verbally abused by both when it turned out I have a serious head injury.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the mole?
Customer: I have been accused of lying when I have not bern by paramedics the few but they were then proved wrong but I was abused verbally with nasty comments and I have never had an apology. I had to have four sessions of counselling from a community psychiatric nurse last year because after 20 years of numerous bad experiences it finally led me traumatised and wary of doctors and paramedics. Counscelling helped and I have been told by my new neurologist, a psychologist and the mental health nurse I have never done anything wrong and the abuse and ways I have been treated at timrs is appalling. I put it behind me just Dec last year. Now I am concerned by the diagnosis being made from a poor photo on my mobile and my skin lesion not being visibly seen. I do not have the confidence anymore to say I am still concerned its it has been destroyed by pass experiences and I am still wary of being seen as just a nuisance. Am I right to be concerned or just being over anxious. I am not normally anxious but I know a misdiagnosis here could mean the difference between something harmless or if left untreated can be fatal. I need advice and do not know who to go to.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I am fair skinned with freckles and have had numerous moles since a child. I feel the GP is not understanding what I text her. I however have generalised dystonia movement disorder, poorly controlled epilepsy and startle myoclonus bath of which I got after a failed deep brain stimulation brain op for my dystonia which never worked. I now have level 5 dysphagia and neurogenic bladder disorder. I need a wheelchair to mobilise but can only have a manual and no type I can use independently. I am single with no family at all and carers four times a day. I admit I am concerned that I am just being anxious about nothing because of misdiagnoses in the pass.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No I have not seen a dermatologist. It onky starting changing Sunday but in five days changed a lot. My GP suggested it was more likely keratosis not a mole but I have had it since a young child and it was onky a small brown raised up bump like other moles I have then six days ago I was puzzled as looked like a purple blood blister. The next day the area was flatter and the skin broken and oozing serum and has gine on since in last four days to develop a dark irregular pink area around the oozing bit where I had a mole originally until it changed on Sunday as described. I am totally housebound nodtky bedbound and inky go out for hospital appointments by hospital transport. I cannot get to a dermatologist indoor independently and have little money as had to be medically retired at 50 and am now 59. My parents died in last few years and I have a brother who lives 200 miles away but is very seriously Ill. Sorry since frontal lobe damage I of at tangents and go into far too much detail. I apologise for that.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (SPVT7V7)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have sent a photo of how it looks tiday since oozing dried up. The Gp has prescribed antibiotics.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry forgot to say I have difficulty hearing on my mobile is it allowed to phone my land line which is 01252 317731. I cannot type for long and make errors due to my dystonia.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you.

I am sorry that you are going through this.

This needs biopsy and can be squamous cell cancer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry I am very fatigued and make errors easy when fatigued. I sent the wrong photo that is an in line one but mine looks just the same. I try and send it
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry I cannot afford the cost. It is ok. I am wary of telling my GPS I woukd like it looked at by a GP or a secind opinion in case I offend them or seen as being difficult or awkward.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have taken up enough of your time which I appreciate, My gut instinct is I need it seen by person and if still the same when finished antibioctics will go back to my GOs and explain my concerns.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I meant re phone the GP.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Correct photo attached

Yes, you need to contact GP for referral to hospital.