How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 18531
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency medicine.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

I have pictures of my skin, I need help diagnosing, I have

Customer Question

I have pictures of my skin , I need help diagnosing
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: I have red marks on my skin that never fade I’ve tried so many ingredients
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (ZVG7TQ7)
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Just to let you know I’ve tried tretonoin + niacinamide
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Both didn’t work
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
my skin is allergic to niacinamide
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My skin is really sensitive and things in high percentage do not work
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 days ago.

Did you show a doctor for this? Did a doctor prescribe tretinoin?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
they prescribed me
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Really low percentage , 0.025 i think but it didn’t work well with my skin
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 days ago.

You need to consult a dermatologist for this, and if your previous doctor was a dermatologist you should go to them again.

This is acne. This does not look like typical acne. Instead it can be conditions like Rhinophyma or Rosaceous acne. Although these are rare, and the typical acne (called acne vulgaris) is most likely, still you should discuss with your doctor about this.

You should also discuss about all these treatment steps which are given for acne, if any have not been done for you you should consider them.

Antibiotic topical ointments: this can include ointments like metronidazole..

Anitibiotics: Anitbiotics like Doxycycline are prescribed for a long term. Other antibiotics used are Clindamycin and Amoxycillin.

Accutane: Accutane is a strong and effective drug. It has a number of side effects and is to be used only on prescription by a doctor. Tretinoin is from this class of drug but there are other formulations too and you can try a different one.

Corticosteroids: This is prescribed in severe cases where it reduces the inflammation.

Steroid injections: Steroid injectiions may be given directly into the acne base.

Light therapy: Light therapy using lasers or IPL can often work when all other treatments fail, you should discuss this with your derma.

You should discuss all these options with your doctor. Although you will have already tried tretinoin, you should discuss the options that you have not tried, like light therapy. Often one therapy will work where all others have failed.

You should also follow a good skin care regime. At night, first clean your face with soap and water. Apply an astringent. Then apply the acne medicine. Lastly apply a moisturizer gently. Follow this every night. This will help you greatly.

Avoiding the sun is most important. Wear a wide brimmed hat or a cap with a peak when going out in the sun. Using suncream with above 50% SPF is a must. This helps greatly.

Take care- be safe - note down these points and see your doctor and discuss with him/her - this

Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 days ago.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti