Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I’ve got a dark sort of streak on my little toenail! They

Customer Question

I’ve got a dark sort of streak on my little toenail! They have been banged and I’ve never noticed it before but just a bit concerned about it!
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No and only asthma medication! Im
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question. Thank you very much for your trust in just answer

Can you send me a picture?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Second pic

can you tell me your age ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
22 F
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I did think it was blood as when i shine light it’s slightly orange

Do you take any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Only asthma inhaler
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have banged my toes and worn tight shoes often

ok, please give me a moment

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What do you think
Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to attend to you today; I want to tell you that what you are experiencing is post-traumatic melanonychia; you have nothing to worry about it is a benign condition that will disappear after a few weeks; you should keep in mind that this black spot can migrate or move to some areas of the nail while it is growing slowly and progressively but you have nothing to worry about it is a benign situation that will disappear by itself without any treatment or anything like that, remember that you should not worry if the black spot moves to another region of the nail as this belongs to the normal migration which is generated according to the growth of the nail, I would like you to keep me informed of your situation, I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can, I will be attentive to any additional questions.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you so much! I’ve taken a closer look and noticed I think the nail has split which may have caused it? What’s your thoughts

It is important to try to reduce the use of tight or tight footwear as it can be counterproductive generating a higher level of trauma, it is also recommended to use a little more open and loose footwear that is not so tight.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok! So not melanoma?

No, dear, it is not a melanoma; anyway, I would like you to tell me about your evolution and send me an image with the same illumination and projection on a daily