Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
111828307

Can you help me fix my face skin complexion?? Very rough and

Customer Question

Can you help me fix my face skin complexion??
Very rough and red with red marks
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (SSSLLV3)
Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 11 days ago.
Hi, this is Dr Ansari, welcome to JA
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (3SQV24M)

I will suggest you can visit a cosmetic dermatologist, you may need the sessions of derma abrasion with a microneedle pen called dampen and hyaluronic acid serum with vitamin c. These sessions are 6-7 and 2 weeks apart

DermaPen is a skin micro-needling treatment with minimum downtime which promotes scarless healing and natural collagen production in the skin to improve the appearance of scars, acne scarring, stretch marks, wrinkles, pigmentation and rejuvenate the skin.

You may experience minor discomfort during the skin needling treatment but a numbing cream can be applied beforehand to reduce this. Depending on the aggressiveness of treatment, you may experience pinpoint bleeding during the treatment but not ongoing.

You may find temporary redness of the skin for a couple of hours or a day depending on the treatment type. This redness often heals up quickly

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Will that help me with this
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I've been wash my face with a cleanser and it's been making things worse I think. Should I not use a cleanser on my skin?
Do not use a cleanser or any other cream which you do not know as these wrinkles on the forehead and prominent skin micropores on the cheek and nose are better managed by a cosmetic Dermatologist so please visit one. 

Skin pores are basically small openings present on the face and other parts of the body which help the skin to breathe. However, when they become enlarged, they are visible and make your face look dull. With excessive production of sebum in oily skin- open pores become a major problem. These open pores can also lead to acne and blackheads.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I vist 1 not long ago and she just give me anti fungle wash and hydrocortisone and says in have seborrheic dermatitis
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The products weren't much help
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Could chemical peels work aswell?

You were having yellowish scales before treatment on the face?

The following options may help you. Depend on dermatologist assessment and management preferences. Because after treatment you have to follow with.

Exfoliating the skin helps remove oil, dirt and other debris that clogs pores. There are many treatments available to close open pores, some of which are-

• Retinoid

Retinoids are widely used for skin repair and treatment. The use of retinoids- whether topically or orally- has shown visible results in minimising open pores.

• Chemical peels

Chemical peels are designed in such a way that they can clear off dead skin along with reducing sebum. The dead top layer of the skin is removed which makes it look rejuvenated.

• Microneedling

RF micro needling is one method used by dermatologists to induce collagen which helps in minimising the size of open pores.

• Laser

Laser treatment can have varying levels of intensity based on the skin type. This helps to reduce open pores caused due to age factors.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No just red marks under mustache like in the picture

The diagnosis of seborrhoeic dermatitis is a clinical diagnosis based on the location, appearance, and behaviour of the lesions. If the diagnosis is uncertain, a biopsy can be undertaken. So ask the dermatologist if the diagnosis is confirmed or not as the response of the treatment is not visible.

A chemical peel may help but not often once or better one in two weeks' time.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can using and cleanser and moisturiser be making my skin worse because the contain alcohols in them??

I don't think so. When alcohol is mixed with any skincare product, like a toner, cleanser or moisturiser, it gives you a good feeling. For example, when you apply a moisturiser, it feels like you’ve not applied anything at all. Because the pliability is better, it immediately dries out. But it makes you feel good for just that time, and eventually starts thinning your skin. In the long term, your skin gets drier and more sensitised. What makes cheap alcohol cheap is the low molecular weight, which makes it easy for it to just evaporate from the skin.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do you think I should stop using any products on my face and see if it helps?
My face problems started because I started using products and the marks appeared because I used a facecloth on my cheek

This advice depends on the diagnosis and management strategy of your dermatologist.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The dermatologist told me I had mild seborrheic dermatitis

The skin oil pores which are prominent are the ones which are also present in the condition of seborrheic dermatitis.

You can have a fruitful discussion on follow-up with your dermatologist who has seen face to face and evaluated the condition.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Does that look like seborrheic dermatitis on my cheek to you??
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can't get to see the dermatologist Till mid September
You have prominent skin pores which are due to seborrheic dermatitis you have been given treatment but have not responded to treatment according to you. You must have to follow up with your dermatologist to see the effect of the treatment provided to you.