Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency medicine.
11269312

I have been getting pimples and redness on my nose for a

Customer Question

Hi I have been getting pimples and redness on my nose for a while now my GP prescribed Rolex gel after I sent some photos which is not doing any good all appointments at my GPS are triage only so would like a second opinion from a professional Thanks
JA: When did the pimples first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: It started about a year ago I’ve bought numerous treatments from the internet but none seems to work it seems I get a clear week and then two weeks spots pimples redness
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the pimples?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I’m currently taking medication for Gout but nothing else
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 6 days ago.

You are having acne. The redness of the nose is due to acne.

You should first treat your acne with over the counter acne ointments. Two types of ointments that you should try first are Retinoids like Differin and Benzoyl peroxide ointment.

You should also follow a good skin care regime. At night, first clean your face with soap and water. Apply an astringent. Then apply the acne medicine. Lastly apply a moisturizer gently. Follow this every night. This will help you greatly.

Avoiding the sun is most important. Wear a wide brimmed hat or a cap with a peak when going out in the sun. Using suncream with above 50% SPF is a must. This helps greatly.

This OTC regime should be sufficient, but if the acne persists, you need to show a Dermatologist.