Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

My daughter have got few days ago in few areas on her body

Customer Question

Hey my daughter have got few days ago in few areas on her body something that looks like an eczema it's quite itchy but it looks bad can I send pictures?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: Few days, i don't know but I put some natural cream
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thanks
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 10 days ago.
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 17 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images please.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (6757S6G)

1. Since how long has she had this Rash?

2. Is she experiencing any itching or burning or pain sensation in the local region?

3. Does she have diarrhea when she develops a flare of this Rash?

4. Is there any personal or family history of Psoriasis or atopic dermatitis?

5. Any history of insect bite or camping out doors?

6. Do any of the other family members or social contacts have similar rash?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
1.she has it about a week
2.iys itchy
3.no she doesn't have diarrhea
4.no
5.i don't know
6.im her mother and I have a rush on my leg but this is already a year I don't think she catched it from me...

I am typing

Hello... thank you for getting back with the images.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the images I feel that the possibility is eczema. The other possibility because of the margins being rised and red could be ringworm.

Eczema is a skin condition that makes your skin itchy and flaky. We do not know what causes it. Eczema often happens in people who have allergies. It can also run in families. Another term for eczema is atopic dermatitis.

The symptoms of eczema can include - Intense itching, redness, small bumps, skin that flakes off or forms scales.

Use unscented thick moisturizing creams and ointments to keep the skin from getting too dry. Also, try to avoid things like - Being too hot or sweating too much, being in very dry air, stress or worry, sudden temperature changes, harsh soaps or cleaning products, perfumes, wool or synthetic fabrics (like polyester).

Treatment modalities include moisturizing lotions, steroid creams, immunomodulatory drugs (tacrolimus/ Pimecrolimus/ Omalizumab), antihistamines and phototherapy.

I suggest -

1. Tablet Hydroxizine 25mg at 12am/6am/12pm/6pm (Non OTC) (if the itching is severe)

2. Syrup Benadryl (12.5mg/5ml) 10ml at 3am/9am/3pm/9pm (OTC) (if the itching is severe)

3. Topical emollients and lotions will help.

4. Do not apply Calamine lotion as sometimes it may aggravate the situation please.

5. If this not showing effect in 7 - 10 days you can apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice a day for 7 days and the once daily in the morning for another 7 days and then stop it please.

I usually suggest this with excellent results.

https://www.aveeno.com/products/eczema-therapy-moisturizing-cream

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you very much I love I the uk and I can't find that cream but Im same company there is something else can i send you a picture and you tell me if it can be good as well?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I live*
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (G3G144G)
Hi... This seems to be a good option and if there is no betterment in another 7 days we may need to consider antifungal considering ringworm.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK thank you very much!!!
If I won't see improvement I'll let you know!

I wish her an early recovery!

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can add me as a favorite Expert then type @ followed by my name in your next chat.

You can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

You need to start your question with my name referred as Dr Amperayani only.