Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

I need help with my hands and feet specially. They are kinda

Hi i need help with my hands and feet specially. They are kinda dry and wrinkles on it. Also my skin is very dry
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: The weather here in uk seems it get it worse Health is okay Just the skin in my hands and feet
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so

Dear Customer: Greetings, this is Dr. Basu, experienced Medical Specialist and former attending physician of Harvard Medical School. I am board-certified with many years of experience. I did review your inquiry and I am hoping to give you at least some high-quality guidance here.

Please give me some time to review your concerns. Please be patient with me as I am on and off the computer so responses can be delayed at times, but I will be glad to help.

Have you tried any treatment?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Just a lotion but seems nothings working

Are you able to post a photo of the rash for better evaluation?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Which lotion you used?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (4423L4M)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (5PG42G4)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Just a normal lotion
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I work as a nurse
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
handwashing makes my hands more wrinkly i think in addition to the weather

Thanks again for the photos.

You do have dry skin related dermatitis.

Sometimes this can be caused by underlying hypothyroidism --you should get tested for that.

For dryness you can use Urea 10% cream twice daily.

Over the counter Hydrocortisone 1% ointment (Cortizone 10) can be tried meanwhile 2 times daily.

Hydrocortisone is weak steroid will reduce inflammation at the rash areas and promote healing.

Please use Petrolatum jelly twice daily to prevent dryness.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for that i will try those
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Any lotion you recommend for this
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
For my body

Yes same as above --will work in 2- weeks easily.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks!

Best wishes

I hope I was able to answer your question(s). If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish, again my name is Dr Basu.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Dr is the hydrocortisone 1% needs prescription?

No