Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business

why wont my canon zoom lens ef 75-300 work on my 1000d cam

Customer Question

why wont my canon zoom lens ef 75-300 work on my 1000d camera
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Hi. My name is Rick. I'm a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

First, I need to clarify what you mean by "Not Working". Does it not auto focus? Does it produce ab error in the body when installed? Is it just completely dead?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the camera works with the18-55 lensbut when i fit the 75-300 i get no reaction on the shutter button

Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

It sounds like the autofocus motor has failed. This is actually more common than it should be. Is this a newer model lens? The reason I ask, is that, some of the models are discontinued and the part needed is no longer available. You may be able to find a replacement AF Motor Assembly on EBay, but you may want to consider investing in a new lens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Rick , you have comfirmed it for me

Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Some of the Mark II lenses still have parts available, but I believe the 75-300 may have been discontinued.