hsroy79
hsroy79, Other
Experience:  Camra Technician
34714361

My Canon Sure-shot 5 does not display the image on the LCD

My Canon Sure-shot 5 does not display the image on the LCD . The display shows all other info and viewing of pictures stored.
Can you help please?
Anthony Price

I am Himadri..
Please ensure your camera model number ??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Canon Sure Shot G5. From label underside of camera Canon PC1049 No.6734010293

Hope that helps?

Please press the display button on your camera and let me know the result...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pressing the display button 1 - camera shooting modes - twice blank screen 3 shooting aperture in the centre of the screen then back to 1.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did you get my answer?

1 = Camera shooting data

2= Blank screen

3=shooting aperture rectangle

Unfortunately what you have described indicates that there is a problem with the ccd (the light sensitive chip that produces the image)or the connection to it tha'ts why you are facing this type of problem.
Is your camera under warranty ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No It is at least 12 years old.

I did see a u tube link on line as to how to get to that part of the camera to fix. However some of the latest Sure shots with a much higher spec sell the same amount as it would cost to fix.

I am fairly nifty with small mechanisms and repair watches in my spare time so maybe I could get to the faulty part.?

Ok, you can get the ccd part with lens unit of your camera.Please open below the link....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANON-POWERSHOT-G16-LENS-ZOOM-UNIT-ASSEMBLY-OEM-PART-With-CCD-/331422284751?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2a4ebbcf
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I presume the G16 fits the G5. However the Canon SH510HS is available in the UK £120 ($180). As we say here- A no .brainer buy new!

The repairing cost/Part cost is too high almost a new camera price. So if you buy a new camera then it is a good idea ....I apologize inconvenience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No apology needed! Appreciate your help.

In the meantime I removed the camaraderie front to reveal the internals but at the costs involved not worth further attention.

I guess we are done ? Many Thanks

Tony Price

Bath UK

Ok