How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Russell H. Your Own Question
Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Category: Digital Cameras
Satisfied Customers: 12057
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
Type Your Digital Cameras Question Here...
Russell H. is online now

I've lost the trim ring from my Canon S3IS c

This answer was rated:

I've lost the trim ring from my Canon S3IS camera, the one that has to be removed to attach the adaptor to take a lens hood, etc. Is it possible to obtain a replacement please? Thanks, ***** ***** XXXXX

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you bought the camera in the USA, or ordered it from there, you need to contact Canon USA's Parts dept. by calling(###) ###-####(Canon Parts Order Desk), or(###) ###-#### (Canon Direct Store).

You may be asked whether you have one mm size or the other... I believe the distinction is between 52 mm and 58 mm.

If this answers your question adequately, please rate my Answer, so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.
Russell H. and other Digital Cameras Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


The camera was purchased second-hand in the U.K. so I assume that the original owner bought it in Britain. Do you happen to know whether there is an equivalent of the American Canon parts department here?

Thanks, Peter

OK, Peter: I suspected you were in the UK not the USA, but I wasn't sure until now. I will research contact info. for Canon UK Parts...... seems to be a supplier of Canon parts.,133522:97230& H Lehmann also sells Canon spare parts:!spares/component_53793 Canon UK themselves seem not to have a spare parts department of their own: To contact Canon to see if they have a Parts or Spare Parts department, see their phone # ***** +44 (0)207(###) ###-####