Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a canon EOS D10 and am trying to get pictures off my

i have a canon EOS D10 and am trying to get pictures off my memory card onto my computer but cant do it as its telling me there are no drivers. i have windows 7 and cant seem to find anything that will wok with it
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No driver is needed to connect the camera to the computer, but it may be complaining it is missing the program.
Can you download the Zoom Browser which imports from your camera, from my link below please
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_10d#DriversAndSoftware
Then restart the computer, open the program and tell me if it now can import the pictures please.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have downloaded that and restarted comp but its saying there are no images on memory card when there is
Click start, computer and then in the new window click on computer
You see the camera listed there? If not what do you see there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no all i can see is local disk, hp pocket media drive, and dvd rw drive
Can you connect the camera to another USB port on the computer and tell me if it then is detected please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no still nothing
Can you use a different cable please as a comnon cause for this can be a faulty cable.
Tell me if it connects with this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ive got it to connect had to change the communication setting on camera to ptp and it installed fine then
ok perfect, should have been this by default so not sure how it changed.
Downloading the photos now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yeah its all good now thank you for your help :)
your most welcome
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.