Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

CanoScan LiDE 110 Internal error message 5,202,54. What does

CanoScan LiDE 110 Internal error message 5,202,54. What does that mean? Is there a remedy?
Hi there and welcomethis error can occur if your computer is not able to power the scanner enough over USB.Do you have also the power adapter connected to the Scanner?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the scanner is 3 years old and this problem has not occurred before
thanksCan you please it into a different USB port on your computer and tell me if it still gives the error please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am worried that that you seem to be expert with cameras rather than scanners
actually I am an expert in a lot of categories, but mainly computers and peripherals (scanners, printers, cameras ect)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't like telephones!
I never mentioned a telephone...Sorry I am a little confused here as we seem to be discussing other subjects not related to this problem.
Do you wish to work with me on getting this resolved as I would prefer we worked on the actual problem.Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I keep getting the message "Call me", as if from you. I don't want to do that. I just want to be able to use my scanner.
Ignore the call me, its from the website, and please do the instructions I have been asking you to do.... As you will see its an optional service from the website
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not had any instructions yet since your first question which was about the power adapter. I presume that is included in the cable supplied by Canon. The scanner has worked OK till today.
Ok, it appears you missed this, I will repeat (you can see this if you scroll up on this page) Can you please it into a different USB port on your computer and tell me if it still gives the error please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Done that and the scanner worked. What does that tell us then?
There was a communication issue on the USB port, windows can corrupt it for the scanner (other devices will work on it) but leave it connect on this port and it will be ok.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I then plugged the printer into the port that had been used for the scanner and that works OK
ok, it recreated the port for you, normally it remains an issue, and if you get the error again, use the second port on the computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry but I am not techy enough to interpret " it recreated the port for you". I should apparently be OK by switching over the Printer/Scanner ports.
ok, but its not important to understand what that means.Just note, if the error occurs again, use the second port I had you connect the scanner to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had been on the point of replacing the scanner with a new one. Would the error have persisted with a new machine? If so that would have been wasted money!
No, it would have worked on a new computer also, but no need to purchase a new computer
As you see, we fixed it for this computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, we have found a way of working around the problem even if the port itself has not been fixed!
yes, you use this second portIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you