Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman

Michelle - I have a Canon MG5350 and the message is coming

Hi Michelle - I have a Canon MG5350 and the message is coming up that the ink absorber is nearly full - what should I do? Marcus
Hi there Marcus and welcomeCan you do the following pleaseMake sure the printer is turned off.Press and hold the Resume button (triangle inside a circle).Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. The green led light should come on.Keep the Power button held down. Release the Resume button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.Release the Power button.Press the Resume button four times and then press the Power button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).Turn off the printer and then turn it on againDoes this then clear it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done all this - still getting the same message about the ink absorber being almost full?
Thanks Then it cannot be resetted, you will need to take it in and they will replace the abosorber for you, its a quick operation for them and with labor will cost about £50 with labor. If the labor costs are higher then this, then I would advise to avoid this as it will be cheaper to purchase a replacement printer I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Hello again, I see that you have left me a poor rating, instead of continuing to communicate with me. Was that a mistake? With respect, negative ratings only hurt experts here by reflecting negatively and can keep us from assisting other customers. They should be used for when an expert is rude or the information provided was wrong. While you may not like the answer I provided, it was correct, and I stand by it. If you need clarification or additional information about my answer I will be happy to provide it. But I ask you rate fairly, I cannot help you have to have the abosober changed, so why would you make a complaint saying I have been rude and incorrect. Whats the deal with this type of response Marcus? You really think its right??