nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Canon 5d mk iii on Windows 10 pc (64 bit) Everything was

Canon 5d mk iii on Windows 10 pc (64 bit)
Everything was working fine. I hadn't connected the camera to the PC for a couple of weeks and today the Canon software did not "wake up" on connection. I've updated the Canon software, updated the camera firmware from 1.2.3 to 1.3.3 and checked for Windows 10 updates. No joy. I've tried various USB ports - I think they're all USB 1 or 2 as the PC is a few years old (it was a Windows 7 machine when new) This appears to be a driver issue but Canon's website tells me there are no drivers to download - it's just 'plug 'n' play'. A total of some five hours plus mucking around with this! Aagh!

Hi Neil. Welcome to justanswer.

Remove your camera from the usb and turn it on. You will need to change a little setting for it to work in your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done

Now press Menu.

Using arrow scroll down until you reach Communication

Do you see Communication listed there on the list?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Communication? Which sub menu on camera or where on PC?

On the camera. First turn it on. Then press Menu button. Scroll down to Communication

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Communication is not a menu option on 5d mk iii

It is there on your camera. Press the Menu button. Go to Second Tools menu and you will find Communication. I am attaching an image for your ease.

Check this image if you don't find the option

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Current firmware is 1.3.3 No such option
My 5D mk iii has not looked like that

Check under other tools menu then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Been through whole menu structure - no such option
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mk iii is very different from original or mk ii

Okay then no problem.

Under Tools, do you see AUTO POWER OFF

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at the top of TOOLS Page 2

Okay great. Select it and then choose DISABLE

Then go back and turn off the camera. Connect the usb cable to the camera and the computer. Once the camera is connected, turn the camera on. Check if it is being detected on your computer.

You need to install a software on your computer. If you want me to do that for you then accept the offer of Secure Remote Assistance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A before Device Manager reports "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) etc"
There are no drivers according to Canon as the camera ought to be seen as a media device.

You need to install Canon EOS software on your computer. Either I can install and solve everything for you (Guaranteed) or I can give you links and you will have to do everything by yourself. Let me know so that we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm perfectly able to install sw - is a question of which sw?! I have the latest firmware and software from Canon but I'm happy to try new links if you can send them. Thanks

Okay sure.

CLICK HERE . Press software at the bottom of the screen (Under Drivers and Downloads) and install EOS 3.4.30 for Windows

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have installed that version

Then open it now.

Do you see your camera's status as connected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - it's not connected according to the EOS Utility Launcher

Open Device Manager and in the details pane, in the list of devices, locate your camera's name.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that, tried update driver no such thing tried diasable , power down computer and reenable but no success

Have you installed Digital Photo Professional 4.4.30 for Windows?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all OK.

That too showing the status as not connected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just showing existing folders of photos nothing from camera

Then there is some issue between the pairing of the devices. You can do a factory reset on your camera to check if it resolves the issue.

If it still doesn't connect then you will have to use a card reader to transfer images from your camera's sd card to your computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. In the short term had decided to do that but will attempt to totally delete Canon sw and reinstall. However, I'll do that tomorrow as I'm off to bed! Good night.

Reply if you need any kind of assistance.

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert knew as much as I did and as much as I could find out via Google etc. Still no further forward but will attempt to fix it myself tomorrow.

Once you uninstall all the software then do a factory reset on the camera also.

Hey Nick, Would you like to rate me positively ?