nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My printer iP4600 has suddenly developed a fault "Service

my printer iP4600 has suddenly developed a fault "Service Error B200", it printed 3 documents from the scanner but then developed this fault when I attempted to print off a document from the PC. I have tried turning it off and checking that no paper is stuck, etc but can find nothing. The printer carriage has stopped on the rhs of travel and there are no lights on. just the green and ***** *****ghts flashing alternately on the outside

Hi Lesley. Welcome to justasnwer.

Error B200 means the printhead voltage or temperature is not normal. The Printhead could be defective but before that

try this:

• Unplug the power cable.
  • Open the printer
  • Push the whole print head mechanic to the center
  • While the printer still open, plug the power and turn it ON, now it will start moving towards right first.
  • When the printhead still moving and is going to the very LEFT, close the cover.
  • Wait until its boot up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, what next....steady green light and no amber

The error is still there or not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to print the word document...back in a moment

Give a print command and check if it is printing or not.

Yes sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
perfect! thanks for your help, I'll remember that for future reference

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.