nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.

I'm having a problem with my MB5050 printer. Getting error

I'm having a problem with my MB5050 printer. Getting error code B504. Cancelling print job and turning power off has not resolved the problem.

Hi Adam. Welcome to justanswer.

This error code occurs when there is no ink at the print-head, which could occur when a cartridge is completely depleted or no ink is flowing. What happens when you go to insert a new cartridge, is that the printer automatically looks to run a default cleaning process, but if it finds no ink at the print-head, it will report an error

When did you change the cartridges?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They were replaced last week. In fact the problem started shortly after that.

Did the printer print anything with the new cartridges?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so.

Where did you buy the inks from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From Amazon. They are genuine Canon cartridges.

Remove the cartridges from the machine

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you do that when the ink is still full ?

Can you access the lcd menu of the printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Go to maintenance and print a nozzle pattern. See if it prints

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is taking up paper and jamming in rear paper feed. Error 1303. keeps on doing this even after I've removed paper from back.

Remove the power cord from the back of the printer

Now open the front cover and check if you can see the cartridges or not (in the front)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. Done
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see the cartridges.

Slide the carriage to slight right. Don't push it far. Just little bit so that it remains accessible to you

Now see on the left side inside the printer. You will see a white plastic circular wheel. Turn that gear clockwise until it clicks. Now move the carriage towards left to the cartridge removal stage

Now press the blue button to remove the cartridge. Are you able to follow this much?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. Lost internet connection. In the meantime have sorted out the printer I found an old cartridge loose in the front compartment! I've removed it, checked the nozzels and the printer is fine.Thanks for your help.

That's great. Thanks for the ratings. Have a wonderful evening.