nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a Canon Pixma MG6350 which is giving Support code

I have a Canon Pixma MG6350 which is giving Support code B200. Anything I can do?

Hi Paul. Welcome to justanswer

Error B200 means the print head voltage or temperature is not normal. The Print head could be defective.... but first, try these solutions below (as in some case this is a false error)

· Turn off the power

· Open the front panel

· Now turn on the power

· The cartridges will start moving towards right first and then left. When the print head is still moving and is going to the very LEFT (after it reaches middle and is about to reach extreme left), close the cover

· Now check if the error is still there?

Try this 3-4 times

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nathan,Bad news, I'm afraid. On my third attempt, the printer simply packed in; screen blank, no power light. Tried unplugging/re-connecting but no joy.

Try a different mains switch and check if it is turning on or not

Any change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
using a different socket got the printer to power on, but the support code 200 screen came straight up again

Try the steps again that I told you initially

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Started up ok, got to the copy/print/scan option screen. Asked it to print this page but after the usual to-ing and fro-ing the support code 200 screen came up again

Remove the cartridges and print head and then connect them again after 5 minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. will let you know how it goes.

Sure Paul

Once you connect the cartridges again then follow the initial procedure if the error comes and then see if it comes back again or not

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Printer started up, got to menu screen and asked it to print this screen again. Said it was 'processing' the request but after a bit the screen faded out and the power light went off, as per above. Tried several different power sockets but cannot get the power back.

Then Paul I think the fault is with the internal components due to which the voltage is not normal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Nathan. Since this printer is over 3 years old, I guess I would be better off going for a new one rather than a repair?

Sorry for the delay Paul. Yes replacing the printer would be the best thing to do as a new printhead will cost you around 50 pounds excluding the service charges of the technician. So better get a new one. Let me know if you need any other help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that does it for me, many thanks for your help, Nathan. Best wishes, Paul

Have a wonderful day ahead Paul.