Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My MP560 would not power up. I changed the 3 amp fuse and it

My MP560 would not power up.
I changed the 3 amp fuse and it powered up but with an error message B200 "Printer error has occurred. Unplug the power cord and contact the servicecentre"
I unplugged the printer and her I am.
Barry Bartholomew

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unplugged it.
Waited 15 minutes.
Plugged it in.
Switched it on.
Same error message.

ok, please do the following

Turn off the printer
Open the cover
Turn on the printer
Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
Leave the Printer turned on.

Tell me if this clears it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I tried it three times.
First two brought up the same error message.
I thought the third one had worked so tried to do a photocopy.
This seemed to be going ok but before doing the copy, the machine just powered itself off.
Unable to power it back on. Looks like it may have blown the fuse.

Yes, its the mainboard that has faulted, this confirms it. Replacing the fuse will only result in this again

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, your replies were prompt and clear but unfortunately it transpires that the fault was not repairable by these emails.
My printer is about 6 years old so I shall get a new one.
I hope I am not being charged (or not the full amount) for these attempts.