Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a Canon Powershot SX130 IS. When I tried to take a

Customer Question

I have a Canon Powershot SX130 IS. When I tried to take a photo, it told me to change the batteries, though they were fairly new. I put in newly bought batteries, but it will now not respond at all. It has been very reliable up to now. Any ideas?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.
Can you confirm the batteries have been installed correctly, and if there is any sign of life?
Secondly what brand of batteries are you using?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have tried Panasonic Propower and Panasonic Special Power, which have always worked in the past. Of course I have tried them both ways up in case! No sign of life. Having paid upfront, I do not want to incur more expense phoning, so hope you can help. Can you suggest anything mechanical which could be the problem? I did have the camera by the sea, but don't think sand could have got into it. In any case, it has opened normally since, telling me to change the batteries.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not want to pay another £15. If you cannot help, I will abandon this, and take the camera to an expert somewhere.