Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Canon MP230 which has stopped printing. It will

I have a Canon MP230 which has stopped printing. It will scan but not print or photocopy. There seems to be a problem with the paper feed. I'm getting a message saying that paper is not inserted correctly . I have tried taking the paper out and reinserting it but no joy.
My computer is aan iMac with OS High Sierra. Can you help?

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have just unplugged printer, now waiting 10 mins. Now plugged back in ,still not working. Have checked all other connections. It makes the usual sounds when starting to print, but is not taking the paper. It currently says unable to send data to printer

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.
then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.
Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.
Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes
Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please
This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can't get the ink out.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The cartridges are not accessible.

Disconnect the power and move them to the middle by hand

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK working again now. Thank you!

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.