Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Power shot G11. Lens stuck out. Not working at all. Screen

Power shot G11.
Lens stuck out. Not working at all.
Screen display when switched on says:-"Lens error, restart camera"Suddenly happened when being used.
Any advice please.

Hi there and welcome

Can you remove the battery please then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in and try to turn it on.
Tell me please if it now starts correctly

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sadly the same result. It beeps as it did before and says on the screen Lens Error , Restart camera
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Vibration got the lens moving and probably took some pictures but when turned off would not turn on again.
The lens is now fixed only half out.
Please phone again or text .

It is the internal Lens drive motor that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you suggest where to send it as Jessops Repairs returned it as "no spares available"
It is 10 years old so not covered by a Warranty.

Ok, with it being so old, I would advise against a repair, the cost would greatly exceed the value of the camera, but if you really do want it repaired still please provide me your postcode.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Postcode is EX23 9BH North Cornwall

Ok, you can call 0845(###) ###-####to organize a repair though again I would advise against it due to the cost.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. I will consider that tomorrow.
Do we sign off now and confirm my payment to you for the advice?

yes, you can now close this window