Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Paper loading problem on Canon MG25505 Pixma There is a

Customer Question

Paper loading problem on Canon MG25505 Pixma
There is a "flapping" sound when printer tries to load paper.
Paper will not load
Please help
Ame
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Make sure the paper is loaded correctly. Too much paper could be a problem, also - this printer is rated for 60 sheets at most in the rear tray.

After that... if the problem persists, remove the paper from the rear tray, and examine the roller that is supposed to grasp and feed in the paper sheets. Is it aslant or obviously defective in any way that you can see?

If the printer is fairly old, the roller might need cleaning in order for it to grasp the paper better... but, the flapping noise suggests a fault or failure in the mechanism, so I have little hope for that procedure.

Still - if the Maintenance menu in your printer's software, has a 'Roller Cleaning' function in it, try that a few times (note: Head Cleaning or Printhead Cleaning is not the same function and will not help with this sort of problem.)

The printer may well need either servicing or replacing, but also try a Reset, by unplugging it from the power, leaving it unplugged for at least 10 or 20 minutes, then plugging it in and trying it again.