Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Canon mv 960 won't switch on how much do you charge? thanks

canon mv 960 won't switch on
how much do you charge?
thanks

Hi there and welcome

You can check with customer service on***@******.*** for costs if you skipped reading this when making the question

Once done, let me know if we can proceed please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I agree to once only payment - not the automatic monthly scheme

yes, that is optional to do.

Are you seeing any lights on the printer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The mv960 is a dv minicam from canon......

Ok, I did not see any model specified, so it is the Canon MV 960 minicam that will not turn on, is this correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that's exactly it......

Are any lights showing on the camera? Is the screen turning on at all? Even if it is blue and blank?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No - there is no response at all

Have you charged the battery on the camera? If so, what color was the charge light?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All batteries charged - on an external charger. When the camera is plugged into mains charger, there is no light on the camera

Ok, on the external charger, did the light show it was charged completely?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is no indicator light on the charger. The small light on the camera itself doesn't come on. Just to fill in the picture, the camera was working perfectly last time it was used - a few weeks ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Amend that last answer, yes the charger indicated that the batteries were charged
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The small light that I referred to is the one that normally comes on when external power is supplied.

It is the internal mainboard in the camera that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Disappointing to find that the problem is pretty well fatal. The expense of a repair isn't justified - we live in a throwaway society...