Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I am using a PRO 100S printer and the photographs i am

Dear Sir I am using a PRO 100S printer and the photographs i am printing have started coming out all green .Can you help me please.Yours
P J Vines

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

When printing colors come out wrong, the first thing to do is to try a full-color photocopy, using the controls on the printer.

If that comes out with correct colors, you have a software problem... settings, or a corrupted driver, etc.

If that comes out green-tinged also, the inking system has a problem, in the printer itself, and you need to try the following:

In outline:
1. Clean the printhead. (Use the function in the Maintenance section of the printer's own Setup or Settings menu. Doing cleanings by hand can ruin the printhead. Check whether the printing or copying now comes out with the right colors - if not:
2. Wait 1/2 hour to several hours or overnight, leaving the printer On but unused (no print jobs, etc.)
This allows waste ink to soak into the printhead and hopefully dissolve dried ink etc.
3. Clean the printhead a second time.
4. Wait again (as in step 2 above) for 1/2 hr. to several hrs., printer On but unused.
5. Clean the printhead a third time.
Then test whether black ink is showing up at all in prints at this point. If it is, even faintly, then repeating this procedure will (eventually, at the cost of a certain amount of ink wasted in the process) clear up the clogged printhead.

After that fails, if it does fail, what you need to do is to decide whether replacing the printhead (which will cost something considerable, more than you would think usually) is better, given the printer's age, or whether it would be more preferable for you to replace the printer altogether with a new one (and hopefully recycle the old printer, always a good idea.)

So try the triple-cleaning-with-wait-times that I recommended, and get back to me if it doesn't work for you (so I can advise you further...)... or if it does help (- I always like to hear that something I recommended has worked!)

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply To Expert " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.