Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

My MG4250 printer tells me it is not connected. I have

Customer Question

My MG4250 printer tells me it is not connected. I have checked and it is. The only thing I have not noticed before is a blue light on the control panel
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

The blue light on the printer lights up when the WiFi or Wireless connection is enabled:

https://www.canon.co.uk/Images/1-2_tcm14-1109560.png

so if the printer is supposed to be printing from USB, it is in WiFi or Wireless printing mode, and it cannot. oddly enough, be in both - that is, if both connected by wireless and also connected by USB, the USB connection will not necessarily work.

Is that the problem? And when you checked that it is connected, do you mean that it physically has a USB cable between it and the computer? or that it is indeed connected by wireless?

This can be straightened out fairly easily, I hope, but I will need some more data about the situation, before I can tell you exactly what needs to be done. E.g. the questions mentioned above, and also the type of computer you are printing to it from (Windows PC, or Apple computer) - let me know, in Reply, and I will instruct and guide you further to a solution.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's been printing for over a year, it was working on the weekend, and has suddenly stopped. No connections are any different.

OK, good so far. Tell me: is it *supposed* to be printing with USB connection? or with WiFi connection?

And, have you checked the queue for the printer? (If you need instructions, just let me know.)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I disable the WIFI connection?

Before I tell you, please indicate: Is it supposed to be printing by a USB connection?

If so, you can go into the printer's own settings, via its own control panel and buttons/controls, and turn Off WiFi there. I will instruct you if that is needed...

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Should be using USB connection

Try this, to reset WLAN and wifi settings:

HOME

Setup

Device Settings

LAN Settings

RESET LAN Settings

YES RESET SETTING? and press OK.

A bit later, after the screen shows 'Processing... please wait momentarily', you may press OK again.

See whether that gets it working! I hope so. Let me know, if you would, once you've tried this.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK I submit, ring me on 01494 580744

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I ask that I am phoned tomorrow between 9 & 10 am?

Meanwhile, you might try this, on the printer itself, using its own controls/buttons, to reset wifi settings:

- HOME- Setup (choose it, and press OK ... and the same with the following options also...)- Device Settings- LAN Settings- RESET LAN Settings- YES RESET SETTING? and press OK.A bit later, after the screen shows 'Processing... please wait momentarily', you may press OK again.See whether that gets it working! I hope so.