Chris Cory
Chris Cory,
Experience:  Technician at Apple
104201561

I have dropped my Panasonic Dmg-tz100 and now it comes up

Hi I have dropped my Panasonic Dmg-tz100 and now it comes up with system error ois about 10 seconds after switching it on. I have tried resetting and removing battery and card overnight. No joy. Can you help or do I need to send it to Panasonic? Thanks.
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: Panasonic lumix Dmc tz100
JA: How old is your Lumix?
Customer: About 18 months
JA: What have you tried so far with your Lumix?
Customer: i have done a reset and removed battery and card overnight. No joy, I’m afraid.
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dropped the camera yesterday, after which I got this fault

Hi, I am Chris a camera support tech.

So does the camera function at all? Can you take photos? Can you use the menu system?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can take 1 photo before it errors. Menu is working ok but errors afterabout 10 seconds

And all this started after the drop?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Right, so as you have done all the right things already, removed battery card etc.

And I assume you have done a factory reset?

Then it is either a small component inside that is broken/dislodged or there is some grime/dirt lodged somewhere from the fall.

Point and shoots have such tiny complex parts that are needed for Zoom, auto focus etc, that there are by design because of the size very fragile.

It almost certainly a hardware fault that you are getting. The camera is locking up because it cant make things works as they should

What I can recommend for you is

1. You talk to your retailer maybe they can help

2. See if your camera came with an extended warranty (Some do)

3.Talk to Panasonic

4.make an EU goods and service claim

5. Try I website like MPB, for a replacement second hand with a warranty

My advice would be to contact both your retailer and Panasonic as though you do have a warranty (Just assume you do). Then see what happens, don't mention the fall unless there is no other choice.

Also if you like? I can send you a post of other things you can do to try fixing you camera, that I wrote before. But everything on there is no guarantee and you do it at your own risk.

Thank you for the rating, would you like me to send you that post i mentioned?