Chris Cory
Chris Cory,
Experience:  Technician at Apple
104201561

I have the following problem with my Lumix DMTCZ60 camera.

Customer Question

I have the following problem with my Lumix DMTCZ60 camera. Earlier this year there was a serious problem with the OIS system and I sent the camera in for repair, which cost over £100.. On return, it worked properly for a while but now the 'language select' option has got stuck in the wrong language - Japanese or Chinese. Is there a way t correct this and select English as the default? - David Pelly
JA: How old is your Lumix?
Customer: Maybe 3 years.I have a serial Number
JA: What have you tried so far with your Lumix?
Customer: I just switch it on and keep trying different languages, sofar wthout success
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: serial WP7C800 503
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Chris Cory replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Chris a camera support tech.

The camera language being changed does happen, I had it happen before.

So here are your three options.

1. Take out the SD card then take the battery out and leave for a day or two, hopefully the camera will loose its internal residual power, it will have no access to settings info stored on the SD card so it will ask you to enter the settings again.

(This does work but not with everything but worth a try)

2. Download google translate on your phone, there is an option to translate pictures into text (its does this in real time its amazing). Set it to Japanese then Chinese until you get the right answer. You will literally watch the menus change to broken English on your screen, follow then steps till you get to the language change.

3. Find the exact number of steps needed to change it to English, (Press menu, go down three, press, select down two...etc). I have done this before, it works pretty well. You can find this either by going to a place that has the camera see it in English and then coping it on yours, or email Panasonic support and ask them for exact amounts of steps to change the language over. Eventually you will find a tech that will tell you.

Chris