Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Thank you for your reply sorry for being unclear - I have

Customer Question

Hi thank you for your reply sorry for being unclear - I have followed the instructions to clear all custom functions - the camera is now showing all the menus so it is doing more than it did yesterday! It is not allowing me to use manual or auto focus
JA: What camera mode are you shooting in? Does your camera focus better in some modes than in others?
Customer: no focus at all
JA: Is your camera's lens clear of any dirt, scratches, or smudges?
Customer: in any mode no yes
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: sorry I have to go I'm at work and something has jsut cropped up
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with almost 30 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

What kind of camera do you have?

Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

This really isn’t a user serviceable problem and should be repaired by a qualified technician. You may want to check locally for a camera repair shop in your area, or, if you need assistance finding a shop, please let me know and I'll locate one for you.

Rick