michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have had a Canon MG5650 for some time now, and on getting

Customer Question

I have had a Canon MG5650 for some time now, and on getting a new Desktop PC, I attempted to install the same printer on Windows 10 64-bit. When it came to the end of install, it gave me a message that the "Port could not be found. :0000". Can you assist me in sortting out the Ports as I have no idea about this side of PCs?
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: My message is: I have had a Canon MG5650 printer for some time now, and on getting a new Desktop PC, I attempted to install the same printer on Windows 10 64-bit. When it came to the end of install, it gave me a message that the "Port could not be found. :0000". Can you assist me in sortting out the Ports as I have no idea about this side of PCs?
JA: How long has this been going on with your MG5650?
Customer: About 2 days now
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: When I bought the PC (new) , about 5 months ago. The PC and printer worked alright because it appeared to be running on the old system - it was only when I changed the installation files that it went wrong
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks, ***** ***** is anything specific that he or she wants to know.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out.

Are you trying to install printer on usb or wifi

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wifi

have you set up the wifi on the printer ?

please follow these steps

on the printer display lcd, scroll through the options and choose the setup/wlan setup option

then choose wireless setup wizard...standard setup

it will list the name of yoiur router

choose the router name and then eneter wifi password ***** asked to enter the security key or passphrase

once it says connected, download and install the printer driver software package on computer from the below link

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5650.html?type=drivers&language=&os=windows%2010%20(64-bit)#disclaimer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that, and it makes no difference

would you like me to remote connect and check the issue