Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a Eos 6D mk2 camera. Switched on today and it came up

Hi I have a Eos 6D mk2 camera. Switched on today and it came up with a flashing ERR 70 signal. I have spent the day trying everything suggested on forums etc. but still cannot rectify this. Any way you can help please
JA: How old is your EOS?
Customer: Just over two years old purchased July 2017
JA: What have you tried so far with your EOS?
Customer: Switching off then back on. Taking battery out an reinserting. Checked SD Card for fall;ts - none all images still ok.
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Used fully charged battery when restarting.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your camera question.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks Russell
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I thought my £5 covered free phone calls???

I have looked over your question in detail, I have reviewed what is published about Err 70 in EOS cameras of the same model line as your canon model. It seems to me that you have done, largely, what you should try.

How old is the battery? older batteries may cause problems, to summarize.

Have you tried removing the battery, while the camera is On, for a prolonged period, such as 1 hour or 2 ? I recommend that, if it has not been done already.

The Err 70 is officially an 'image related' malfunction signal. That might mean, unfortunately, that encoding circuitry in the camera is self-detected as not working properly. (This might eventually result in scrambled images, or no visible result from taking pictures.)

(I have never heard that the Phone call Service was free, I confess. But prices and charges on JustAnswer.com are not something I have any charge of. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us )

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks Russell. 1. The battery is as old as the camera but has had moderate use.
2. I have removed and replaced the battery whilst the camera is switched on.
3. I haven't taken the battery out of the camera for tat long a period i.e. 1 o2 hours so will try this before getting back to you. Should I leave the camera switched on while the battery is out of the camera?

OK, thank you for responding promptly in such detail.

Yes, (3) leave the camera On, until you are about to put the battery back in.

The Err 70 is sometimes heat-related, so a prolonged period of being Off may reset the condition, I hope.