Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

My coolpix w300 viewscreen does not come on when i switch

Customer Question

my coolpix w300 viewscreen does not come on when i switch camera on
JA: Are there any flashing lights, symbols, or messages on your camera or display screen?
Customer: no
JA: Have you tried removing and replacing the battery and/or SD card?
Customer: yes nothing happens there is a background light hardly visible on screen
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no at this point
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 18 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your camera question.

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds to me as if the camera is getting power, but the circuitry that controls and 'drives' it is not initializing... or at least, the video circuitry is not.

Is there any evidence that its other functions work, aside from the screen, that you may notice?

You might try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again.

In any case, I think that it will, most likely, need repair-servicing. Nikon UK repair may be found here:

https://www.nikon.co.uk/en_GB/service_support/repair_centre/send_for_repair.page

I hope that this helps, but let me know if you need any other advice on this problem. Thank you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have cool pix w300 no picture comes on screen