Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a canon eos 2000 and i cannon get rid of some

Customer Question

i have a canon eos 2000 and i cannon get rid of some gridlines, and they are coming out in the photos and video
JA: How old is your EOS?
Customer: 1 week
JA: What have you tried so far with your EOS?
Customer: changing the settings
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your camera question.

I suggest that you might try a factory reset of the camera (which will reset White Balance and custom settings that you may have established in the camera, but will not erase pictures nor videos), in case an obscure settings combination is causing the problem. Would you like to try that? if so, please Reply briefly, and I will give you instructions on how to do the factory reset.

If the problem persists after that, I would like to ask whether the gridlines are visible in the photo(s) when reviewed on the camera itself? or do they only show up once the photo (or photos) is (or are) downloaded to a computer? If it does not show up on the camera itself, then you may have a software error. If that seems to be the case, please tell me what software you are using to view and/or to process the photos, and I will advise you further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
hi thanks for the reply i have done a factory reset but nothing changed, the lines are on the camara and the video plus the pics, there are two lines horizontal and one line vertical in the middle of the lcd plus photos and video,

Then you may, I'm sorry to say, have a defective camera! (How did you do the factory reset, please? just to double-check.)