Cameron Roda
Cameron Roda, Tech Support
Experience:  Owner/Photographer at Cam Roda Creativita
106661857

Wide / Telephoto action does not work although the motor

Customer Question

Wide / Telephoto action does not work although the motor will retract the lens fully into the body when the camera is switched off and extend it again when the camera is switched on.
JA: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping or from dirt getting in the lens)?
Customer: Not at all since it was new about four or five years ago.
JA: What kind of battery does your camera use? Have you tried taking out the battery and replacing it?
Customer: Just tried that, no joy, it's a DMW BLG 10E battery. when you switch the camera on and off there doesn't seem to be any grinding noises or anything from the motor action.
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, thank you.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  Cameron Roda replied 10 days ago.

Hi there, my name is Cam & I’m a camera expert here with JustAnswer. I just came across your issue and want to help you try and find a solution!

Whenever you’re ready, just send me a message here in the chat and we can get started trying to solve your issue!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please carry on with your search, thank you for your reply.

What camera are you working with here? I need that information to get started!

Wide/Telephoto action might be a feature you have to turn on, on this camera's menu because if the camera has a retractable lens, it likely doesn't use the meet the size required for a natural telephoto lens.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's not that, there is a wide / tele selector sw on the top rh side of the body which operates this feature whenever the camera is switched on. It has worked this way without fault for over two years. One of the features of this model is it's large telephoto lens feature.

I understand, I was speaking generally because I am still looking to get the exact camera model information from you