Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

My X-TI shutter button keeps jamming. However with

Customer Question

hi, my X-TI shutter button keeps jamming. However with additional battery accessory fitted its shutter work every time
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: FUJIFILM X-T1 digitalcamera
JA: What Fujifilm model do you have?
Customer: X-T1
JA: What have you tried so far with your Fujifilm?
Customer: I try to activate the shutter as normal but it locks solid. If I "fidget" with it that some times releases it.
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I purchased this camera as a used product from Wex photographic on the 19th May 2017
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 18 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your camera question.

That sounds odd, but I suspect it is a matter of power availability, since a digital camera uses far more power when actually taking the picture, than at any other time.

When the additional battery pack is not attached, are you perhaps using older batteries? If they are over a year old, then you might possibly have a battery/batteries that are getting weak. Rechargeable batteries do get weaker with time, and eventually fail to deliver enough power to start up a device like a digital camera; they then need replacing. The replacement battery needs to be charged up for 6+ hours before its first use, owing to its having been on a shelf for a considerable time.

Also, you might try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the camera On again.

I hope that this helps! Please let me know, if you need further help or have any comments or thoughts on this.