Cameron Roda
Cameron Roda, Tech Support
Experience:  Owner/Photographer at Cam Roda Creativita
106661857

I have a Nikon d7500 and I want to extend the lens so I

Customer Question

I have a Nikon d7500 and I want to extend the lens so I purchased a Nikon TC-20E III but they are not compatable. Any ideas?
JA: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping or from dirt getting in the lens)?
Customer: No. the AF-S lens works fine on the camera. It just seems that the ends of the TC won't connect to the AF-s lens that came with the camera
JA: What kind of battery does your camera use? Have you tried taking out the battery and replacing it?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Cameron Roda replied 10 days ago.

Hi there, my name is Cam & I’m a camera expert here with JustAnswer. I just came across your issue and want to help you try and find a solution!

Whenever you’re ready, just send me a message here in the chat and we can get started trying to solve your issue!

In order to help you here, I would need to know the lens information before I could determine if it was possible to use this adapter or if you would need to purchase a different one.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It’s not compatible ... I worked it out.

I'm glad you figured it out then and hope that you can return this adapter for a different model!